By Tim Nedoba
Iowa City, IA – I never expected to see a global virus pandemic in my lifetime. The number of people sickened and hadied is beyond comprehention. Sadly, we’re still fighting the virus. In many locales, we’re seeing the highest number of cases since the pandemic began its attack on the U.S. and the world.
The pandemic has also affected our daily lives and our ability to provide for our selves and family. The rush to reopen the economy is working for some and causing trouble for others. Studio 13 saw a new spike coming and voluntarily closed for a second time. Studio 13 believes the time is right to reopen again. However, this time they’ve added enhanced precautions in order to protect staff and customers.
Statement from Studio 13 Facebook page:
“We’re back! Studio 13 will reopen this Friday July 17th at 8 pm with our regular schedule and hours. Please note we are enhancing our precautions even more than before, which will include:
– Face coverings must be worn at all times in the venue unless seated (we have disposable masks available at the door)
– We will be maintaining 50% capacity until further notice
– DO NOT come into our venues if you have any symptoms of COVID or have been around someone who is positive in the past 14 days
– We have plexiglass barriers around all of our bars to help protect our staff
– Treat everyone with respect and social distance as possible
– We have sanitation stations in twelve locations throughout the bars
See y’all on Friday!”
Editors note – Photo illustration taken from Studio 13 Facebook page. Photo of Studio 13 building by Tim Nedoba