Iowa City Pride will celebrate its 50th Annual Iowa City Pride Festival, Iowa’s longest-running LGBTQ Pride celebration, with a variety of different virtual events with in person events canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This year’s theme is “Our Pride We Will Maintain”.
All of the below videos will be posted on Iowa City Pride’s Facebook.
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 17 – Queer BIPOC Transgender Discussion – Where Do We Go From Here?
- 7 p.m. Thursday, June 18 – Dance Your Call-to-Action Off.
- 11 a.m. Sunday, June 20 – Virtual Parade.
- 7 p.m. Thursday, June 25 – Your Word is Your Truth, Pride Solidarity.
- Various times Saturday, June 27th – Broadcasting global Pride events via Facebook and Youtube.
Iowa City Pride has created yard signs to go with the virtual parade. Orders may be placed online. Each yard sign is $20. All proceeds from sales will support community endeavors. Other 50th Anniversary merchandise is available on Iowa City’s Pride online store. A list of all events can be found on Iowa City Pride’s Facebook page.